Friday, February 20, 2009

Before we built...

We had a signed contract, but hadn't yet purchased the land. The owner was nice enough to let us camp down in the clearing for a week in July 2007.

We hadn't been camping in about 25 years, but spending a week on the land really appealed to us. Here is the tent we put up for the week.
The bathroom tent! The toilet was a port-a-potty like you find on boats. We could take nice hot showers every morning with a propane water heater and shower hose.



Notice the 3 sets of puppy dog eyes watching me take the pics.



It was a large comfy tent with air mattresses and lots of room for the dogs and all our junk. When we camp we don't believe in "roughing" it! The hot water propane pump for the shower might have been overkill, but I don't move well in the morning without a "nice, very hot shower!"



Rick just passed by and saw these pics. When I told him what I was doing his reply was "Oh Wow, that was such fun" and reminded me that I was somewhat skeptical of the idea in the beginning (see above notes about roughing it and that nice hot shower). I have to say that Rick invested time and effort making sure that I did not suffer without modern conveniences that week. And yes, truthfully it was an utterly fantastic week.

No comments: